Newborn Session | College Station Lifestyle Newborn Photographer
If I make it through creating this blog post without crumbling into a ball of happy tears it'll be a miracle because this is a newborn session that I did for my NEPHEW, my brother's first child! I can't even believe I'm typing those words. I love my brother, Will, so much, and I love his incredible wife, Amy, so much too - so little Caleb was destined to be basically smothered by his Aunt Emi's love the moment he came to being. I'm sitting here just thinking about how I can't wait to see him again, hopefully soon! Will and Amy live in Colorado, so getting to be there at all to do a newborn session for them was basically a miracle! God worked out so many little details to arrange for that possibility, including bumping up Caleb's birthday by about a week!
So not only is this post special for all of those reasons, as if those weren't enough, today is also my brother's birthday. So today, on his birthday, I share the newborn session I did for his first child, Caleb David Davis. Happy birthday, Will, and happy first month of life, Caleb!!! And happy one month of motherhood, Amy!! I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh. And there is one very important member of the family I forgot to introduce...
This is Bennett. He is Caleb's older, furrier brother and basically as much my nephew as Caleb is, haha. (We are dog people in my family.) Bennett is literally the kindest dog I think I've ever met. There is not a sour stitch in his entire 70 pound body and he is incredibly sweet to Caleb.
Maybe Caleb just instinctively knew I was there to photograph him and was being thoughtful of his Auntie, but his little newborn baby eyes followed me around a lot that day!
And another note: Amy is already an amazing mom.
Little strong hearted Caleb, you are very loved. If you ever want to come play in College Station with Auntie Em and Uncle Ken, we'll take ya buddy. And bring your furry big brother, too.
Would you like to receive posts like this (plus session deals, travel dates, and more happy things) in your inbox every week or so? Subscribe to my mailing list!
Romantic Fall Bridal Session at Angel Springs Event Center in Austin | College Station Wedding Photographer
This was one of those bridal sessions where, put simply and eloquently, I just gEekEdDD out the whole time. From the details to dress to the bride inside it, this bridal session at Angel Springs Event Center in Austin was an absolute dream. Dana's dress is a legend in and of itself, having walked down the aisle with her sisters AND her mom! Yes, this incredibly delicate, unique dress is decades old! You're surprised, right?! Same here. It looks good as new and Dana is absolutely stunning in it. Each bride in Dana's family has made it her own, and now it's Dana's turn.
Getting to spend time with Dana and her family and friends a few weeks before the wedding was so special. Each bridal session always feels like a little gift I get to give to my brides. No matter what the weeks previous had been like, or even the day of, bridal sessions always end up being a necessary slow down for the bride, while also being a dreamy, joyful celebration of the bride, who is very deserving of being celebrated and feeling beautiful!!!!
Want more posts like this (plus travel dates, session discounts, and more happy things) directly in your inbox? Subscribe to my mailing list!
Getting married in 2019? Contact Emily about shooting your wedding!
Baby Oliver | Austin Newborn Session | College Station Newborn Photographer
Oh baby Oliver! You and your precious newborn session have been giving me all the warm feelings today. You make me think about family and how precious each day is we have with our loved ones. I mean, why wouldn't we all snuggle on a pretty white bed and have our photos taken together?
Newborn sessions are always a beautiful slow down. These little babes aren't in a rush, and and that sweet, slow sentiment translates to patient, simple, beautiful moments captured in photos.
I've known Chloe since college, so when she asked if I was available for Oliver's newborn session, I was so excited. It is so fun and special to get to be a part of any newborn session, but when there's that fun history of knowing a person since our always-wearing-way-too-big-extra-large-T-shirt and late-night-'study'-hangs days, it adds a whole different level of sweetness.
In these lifestyle newborn sessions, I always take my time. Like I said, newborns aren't in a rush. They give us all a little permission to slow down, too. So I like to take my time and grab all the details. I take photos of what's happening, as it happens, and it always turns out so precious. But I also love to get photos of our little star. And Oliver ate it up.
And I be sure we take photos with Mom, too.
And some photos with Dad, too!
And of course, we take photos of the whole, happy family.
Sweet, slow newborn sessions are such a gift. I'm so grateful for this time I got to spend with the Cox family.
Sweet Oliver, you are so loved!
Expecting? Inquire about Emily's lifestyle newborn sessions.
Want to receive posts like this plus my travel schedule, session deals, and workshop dates directly in your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter!
5 Tips for Brides to have Fun, Peace Filled, Joyful Wedding Days!
It's all about presence for me. Where's your head at on your wedding day? Still in the to-do lists? Still in that last minute issue? Or are you fully present, filled with peace and joy? That is my hope for you, and it's what I prayed for on my wedding day! Marriage is a celebration, and that's what the wedding is for! To celebrate your covenant and union with your forever person! It's beautiful. But it is easy to get carried away in the planning and bogged down with the stresses. So here is my list of things you can do on your wedding day to make your day full of FUN, PEACE, and JOY!!!
1. Get yourself a Polaroid camera (here's a good one) or bring a GoPro! Some of my favorite wedding photos from MY wedding day were when we spontaneously gathered around my sister's GoPro. This is one of my favorite photos from my weddings this year, and it was completely candid and spontaneous, which means the bride, Amanda, and her girls were having FUN and ENJOYING the day!!
2. Plan to bring a little bubbly. It makes you bubbly. And it's just fun. Mimosas are an awesome idea to have around for everyone during the getting ready, and they're too dang cute, too!
3. Have all your details in a bag, ready to hand to your photographer when they arrive! This will save you time and energy on your wedding day. Who wants to track down the groom's ring or your earrings in all the mess of bags on your wedding day? No one! You want to be relaxing and having FUN! But, we all know you want those detail shots! Solution: have a bag or box of all the details with you ready to pass off to be photographed when your photographer arrives!
4. If you and your groom are exchanging notes or gifts on the wedding day, my advice is to write it the day before or the week of the wedding. That note will take some thought, and you're going to be excited and bubbly on the wedding day, and writing that note may take a little more time than you'll have on your wedding day! This way, you'll have more time to enjoy reading that sweet, tear jerking note instead of writing one!
5. Definitely, 100%, discuss your wedding day timeline with your photographer. They will be able to help you create a day of timeline that will enable you to have incredible, beautiful photos of your wedding day, but also a timeline that should allow for joy, peace, and fun! As part of my wedding day collections, I actually include a wedding day timeline. I don't think this is super common. But I do this because I believe that it's crucial to create a timeline that will 1) allow you to be joyful, peace-filled, and have fun on your wedding day, and 2) create and preserve space for beautiful wedding day photos. If you're rushing and running late and packing too much into too short an amount of time, you won't be in the moment. I want my couples to be able to have in the moment wedding day memories, like this one! ^^^^
A well thought through wedding day timeline can do that.
Getting married?! I'm now booking 2019 weddings!
Want to get posts like this, photo session discounts and travel dates, workshop dates, and more directly in your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter!