5 Tips for Brides to have Fun, Peace Filled, Joyful Wedding Days!
It's all about presence for me. Where's your head at on your wedding day? Still in the to-do lists? Still in that last minute issue? Or are you fully present, filled with peace and joy? That is my hope for you, and it's what I prayed for on my wedding day! Marriage is a celebration, and that's what the wedding is for! To celebrate your covenant and union with your forever person! It's beautiful. But it is easy to get carried away in the planning and bogged down with the stresses. So here is my list of things you can do on your wedding day to make your day full of FUN, PEACE, and JOY!!!
1. Get yourself a Polaroid camera (here's a good one) or bring a GoPro! Some of my favorite wedding photos from MY wedding day were when we spontaneously gathered around my sister's GoPro. This is one of my favorite photos from my weddings this year, and it was completely candid and spontaneous, which means the bride, Amanda, and her girls were having FUN and ENJOYING the day!!
2. Plan to bring a little bubbly. It makes you bubbly. And it's just fun. Mimosas are an awesome idea to have around for everyone during the getting ready, and they're too dang cute, too!
3. Have all your details in a bag, ready to hand to your photographer when they arrive! This will save you time and energy on your wedding day. Who wants to track down the groom's ring or your earrings in all the mess of bags on your wedding day? No one! You want to be relaxing and having FUN! But, we all know you want those detail shots! Solution: have a bag or box of all the details with you ready to pass off to be photographed when your photographer arrives!
4. If you and your groom are exchanging notes or gifts on the wedding day, my advice is to write it the day before or the week of the wedding. That note will take some thought, and you're going to be excited and bubbly on the wedding day, and writing that note may take a little more time than you'll have on your wedding day! This way, you'll have more time to enjoy reading that sweet, tear jerking note instead of writing one!
5. Definitely, 100%, discuss your wedding day timeline with your photographer. They will be able to help you create a day of timeline that will enable you to have incredible, beautiful photos of your wedding day, but also a timeline that should allow for joy, peace, and fun! As part of my wedding day collections, I actually include a wedding day timeline. I don't think this is super common. But I do this because I believe that it's crucial to create a timeline that will 1) allow you to be joyful, peace-filled, and have fun on your wedding day, and 2) create and preserve space for beautiful wedding day photos. If you're rushing and running late and packing too much into too short an amount of time, you won't be in the moment. I want my couples to be able to have in the moment wedding day memories, like this one! ^^^^
A well thought through wedding day timeline can do that.
Getting married?! I'm now booking 2019 weddings!
Want to get posts like this, photo session discounts and travel dates, workshop dates, and more directly in your inbox? Subscribe to my newsletter!