Homemade Lavender Coconut Oil Make Up Remover
College Station Blogger
I've been to Sephora with my mom a lot lately, probably more times than is safe. One product I always want to look for is an oil based a make up remover that will remove make up softly and with no stretching. I'm starring down the barrel of 29, and I'll take any 'stay youthful' hack I can. I had no idea that face washes and scrubs can be a little harsh on your skin and even contribute to stretching! Honestly, I'm a make-up/beauty product newb, so I find it HILARIOUS that I'm writing a blog about a homemade make up remover. But, I'm excited about this so I thought I'd share! Here's why I like this recipe better than store bought options:
So, now that I know I've totally convinced you, here's what you need and how to do it!
coconut oil + lavender extract + a small jar
Once you have your ingredients, literally all you do is melt about 1/2 cup of coconut oil in a pan (it takes very low heat and melts fast) and pour it into your jar. Next, add 5-10 drops of lavender! That's it! Store in a cool, dark place and use with a towel or your finger to gently remove make up!
Now you'll feel real fancy when you do your nightly routine, but you'll have only spent a few dollars (maybe none if you had all the ingredients) versus $25 for a product at Sephora! In the chance you don't have the ingredients though, I've linked them for you here! I picked the big lavender because you can use it for anything and it'll go fast, I promise. Also, now that I think about it, this would be an awesome DIY Christmas gift to give to neighbors or co-workers!
Join my mailing list to receive posts like this in your inbox, plus photo session discounts, freebies, workshop and travel dates, and more happy things!
Daily Delight: A Gratitude Tracker
DO YOU SOMETIMES STRUGGLE TO MAINTAIN A POSITIVE PERSPECTIVE?
DO YOU OFTEN FEEL BAD BECAUSE YOU COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS?
DO YOU WRESTLE WITH DISCONTENTMENT SOMETIMES?
Ya, me too.
And I got tired of it.
Because guess what?
Life is actually pretty good!
1. Maybe your life needs a soundtrack. Tune into this Ben Rector album to make your October burst with color and some beats to get your happy dance on.
2. Maybe your life needs color. This one is currently decorating my toes and it's just beckoning my booties to make their fall appearance.
3. Maybe your life needs growth. I'm in the middle of this book right now and I will definitely be a different person by the time I finish it. If you have ever been jealous of someone who is chasing a dream, go get this book.
4. Maybe your life needs support. I bought a desk chair recently and it has CHANGED THE GAME for me. All that gettin' old sure takes a toll. This helps.
5. Maybe your life needs flavor. There are red pears at HEB for like $1 right now and THEY REAL GOOD. Dress it up with a little goat cheese and you're really in trouble.